Monday, March 14, 2011

Shamrocks, Pocahontas, and yellow belts...not necessarily in that order.


I really try to not overthink things, however in this situation I am required to overthink it. My main fear at this point, is that grade Kindergarten thru 3rd grade are allowed to bring tomatoes to my performance as Pocahontas. Yes...that's right... I am to become Pocahontas.

 I'm terrified that I'm going to sweat so much that I will have my own illegal sweat lodge in my fake fur and pink beads. (I'm a stickler for details such as this, the East Coast Native Americans didn't look like Plains tribes, nor SouthWest tribes, this really bothered me until as I researched their clothing in the pictures, the women just wore little skirts and were essentially topless. Yah Authentic schmentic, where's the pink plastic beads?!). It's the details in information that I'm worried about, like how many times did the Powhatan tribe attack the James Fort? Ok I realize that this is what I will sound like to the children "HI! My name is Pocahontas, I'm a strangely old woman pretending to be young(isn't that what Sharon Stone does?) Blah blah blah blah. Pumpkins and turkey. blah blah blah. Movie....blah blah blah". When I rehearsed with my kids it didn't give me the confidence boost I was hoping for...they yawned and asked me when I was going to be done.

I plan on creating another personality that will take over when all the papers come to me when the kids start school. This new personality will stand behind me with a hammer, if I begin to say "Why YES it will be fun to do Women in History and perform for children" my other personality will promptly break my right hand. The alternative is too horrible to think about.

My kids are going to be testing for their yellow belt in Shotokan karate. It is a source of fear as all you parents know, that your little ones are going to be judged on their abilities, so basically they judge your kids on if they can control their spastic little limbs, that somehow resembles a kata.

Now to the Green part. Here's my version of a lucky clover for St. Patrick's Day. I'm not Catholic, I'm Protestant, there may be a small amount of Irish in my genes- apparently not enough to drink that God forsaken beer! I'll just have a Margarita with my Protestant butt instead, and respect the Irish for their Coolness! 

-->click here for Shamrock/Lucky Clover SVG<-

8 comments:

  1. whoa good luck playing pocahonatas, how cool! I'm sure you'll do great! Whats it for? a school play?

    great shamrock too, very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're going to be great Pocahontas! Would love to see the performance! Best of luck to Logan and Shelby on their test for yellow belt, too - it is always my fear to watch my kids go through testing and judging, too. You know that they are trying their best :) Your shamrock is just way too cool by the way! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOSH Bee you are such a crack up! I am LMAO here. Good luck with Pocahontas. Great job on the clover! I am Mexican Catholic, and will be enjoying some green Corona most likely. But a marg does sound heavenly too. I might have to have both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be a great Pocahontas and if anything goes wrong I am sure you will entertain the crowd.
    Good luck to your children with their yellow belts. If they take after you I am sure they will breeze it in.
    Thanks for such a great looking shamrock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Mar. 16, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks SO much for the shamrock and Best of Luck in your performance, but I am sure you will do just fine! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Post a pic of your Pocahontas get-up Bee! I'm sure you looked darling!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Don't be shy:)