Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A MoNstroSity of a card

It's hard to read but it says "Have a Monstrously Happy Birthday"

My nephew really isn't a monster, but if he was one of these monsters, I'd be ok with that. However, he is a  regular non-slimy, non-scaly,  non-spiky little boy. I'm not really sure if he likes Monsters. But what kid doesn't like the whole Monsters, Inc concept? I KNOW he has a great sense of humor and excellent taste so I'm not too worried.

I used my monster & ooey gooey svg files Plus a word saying from a muse of mine, Jamie Lane (her blog is Bits of Paper). On the inside of the card I used her graphic file Wish Big, I think it's perfect for this monstrosity. I used the graphic calendar, Monster Love, and Denim&bluejeans background graphic paper from Lettering Delights. Now to combine all of these I used MS Word, and imported these as pictures, and began the finagle of the objects. I'm learning, and I'm just loving what I'm learning!
All Monsters need google eyes!

On the areas where I wanted to highlight I used Inkessentials Glossy Accents from Ranger inks. I was still angry at my Crystal lacquer, so it's on a time out on my desk. This works just as well but doesn't clog up in the nozzle as easily.
Ranger Industries Inkssentials Glossy Accents Medium 2 oz. Fine-Tip Bo

Here is a list of my free Svgs
Fuzzymonster SVG
Slime Monster SVG
The Great Horned Monster SVG
OoeyGooey SVG

I'm sure you'll agree- goo and monsters aren't just for Halloween anymore!

ps
On April 15 - 17 , I will be participating in my first blog hop. It's called the Tax Day Blues blog hop, So I'll do my best to give you something for freeeeee! FYI if you become follower on my blog, dashboard will keep you updated! 

11 comments:

  1. looks great chicka, love your lil monstors, so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Wonderfully Creative Card!!! that was a lot of work sweetheart!!! he is going to love it!
    Can't wait to check you out on your blog hop ~ Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a silly fun card! LOVE it Bee! Love your sense of humor (and yes, you have abundant humor sense as my dad says :)) and I'm sure that he'd be thrilled to receive this! Who doesn't like some monsters in their lives? I see that you're going to be in a blog hop! That's exciting! Gotta check it out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Thanks! Thienly your Dad is a treasure! I'm so lucky to have you & your family in my life:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, yeah, my Crystal lacquer and I aren't on talking terms right now either... Love the crazy monsters card, and way to go combining all the graphics and stuff, I have no clue how to do that. I swear you need to give me lessons... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love,love your googley eyed monster!!!

    It is monstrously cute,lol!!!

    Hmmmm where is your messy space,lol,i am still hanging my head in shame!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card! Your monsters are very cool. You'll have to do a tutorial on how you are finagling all of those awesome elements together. I just got me some of those glossy accents too!

    Thanks for stopping by to visit, your bionic ears must have heard me cracking up over here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who doesn't love monsters - especially three-eyed ones! They are so cute. I am so glad you stopped by my blog and became a follower, and am glad you are part of the boycott. I haven't tried re-sticking my mats yet, but I will be now! :) I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love you're monsters. I think they will be to his taste.

    Greetings Nancy
    www.cricutlover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd like to invite you to add your banner or link to our Best Digital Scrapbooking Sites list. It's free to sign up. Hope to see you there

    Also featuring Digital Scrapbooking Freebies and Digital Scrapbook Tutorials

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Don't be shy:)