Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bees and Birthdays


This is my take on the "Sweet Birthday" SVG set from Lettering Delights. 
I used bright boyish colors instead of the pastels, and I used "MS Word" to Print and color  the title and various Fours



Do you think the word Four and Fore kind of mean the same thing? What I mean is do you think that they have the same ALARM factor, like you better look out here IT comes!?


I used the svg's from lettering delights, I can't seem to figure out how to put their link IN my blog but click on the button on the bottom of the blog if your curious about their products, they have some lovely SVG's and graphics that you can use your regular printer with and the end product is fantastic. I used the Sweet Birthday Svg set, I used more" boy like" colors, and alot of them, he's FOUR, in case you didn't catch that in the card. My little ones loved the cards just as much as the presents, so I used BIG color, my cuttlebug and, of course, my STICKLES!
VintageBee1 SVG
VintageBees- Bee2SVG



As for my Bee SVG. I did something that I wasn't very happy with doing, but I thought if I could clean this thing up it sure would make a nice cut file. I downloaded a bee svg file from wikipedia. In it's original form it would've taken a year to cut and destroyed my Cricut in the process, I cleaned it up and got rid of the lines that were unneccessary. I then enhanced it with my little schwoopies, I used path effect editor to do this. My daughter aka my little helper decided that the schwoopies was the way it needed to BEE. 

I was chatting with my evil twin and since I haven't delivered the goods on her blasted tea dispenser, at least I could make something that reminded me of her. I AM going to make her a card, I just get so nervous to make them for adults (kids are easier-we know their normal skill level is just a tad above me)  because as we all know, I have this EOC handicap and insecurities galore. What would take a normal crafty person one hour, I take 2 days. You see some people can make simple lines ART, and we all know I'm not in that group.
Just click on the caption under the picture to get your SVG of my Bee. Remember you will need to use your layers window or it will not cut correctly. 

Below is the list of  Lettering Delights products I used:

Sweet Birthday Svg set
Card & Envelope E (you will need your 12 X 24 matte for the envelope
Summer Popsicles Alphabet (use your printer)



                      
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

12 comments:

  1. These looks fantastic! Love all the colour and embossing!

    Those BEE'S are awesome, especially love the flourished Bee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colorful card, he'll love it! :-) As for making cards for me you know I am a big kid anyway so you're good!!! :-P And your bees look FANTASTIC!! My jaw dropped on the floor! Looks like I'll have to make a new pic to turn into my blog banner after I work a little bit around with those! (but waow, what a sting!! ;-))... <3

    As for the tea dispenser... I'm wondering if the milk cartons from LD might work?.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Cat(s)/Dog(s)/Bear/Bird/Butterfly/Any other Animal Theme post on Feb. 03, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cool! Very Cute as usual!
    ~ cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you make two cards??? or is that the front and the inside. Love the Bees the schwoopies are my favorite. Your little helper was right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love this little bee. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh thank you all! Cindy- it is one card, the unglittered or rather unSTICKLED one is the inside. I should probably stop doing the inside too, it would probably save alot of time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super duper fun...love the colors on your project and all those layers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your site and LOVE this bee! Can I convince you to re-publish the .svg?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came upon your blog and the bee svg file thru Paper Dolls, and after finally figuring out how to download files from a Google document, I have the bee...thank you. It is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your bees but can't seem to find how to download them from google docs.

    johay at inbox dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much Belinda, i love these bees.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Don't be shy:)