Saturday, February 12, 2011

A ribbon, a ribbon, my kingdom for a ribbon




Have you noticed I don't use alot of ribbon on my projects? There is a perfectly good reason for it...I haven't a clue as to what ribbon I have, where it is, or any other detail I might need to know.

 I'm not a big New Years resolution person, because basically I disappoint myself on a daily basis, so why make a big announcement and show all how really lame I am? Wasn't it Mark Twain who said "Better for people to think you're an idiot than to speak and remove all doubt."? I've tried to remind myself of this before I speak, at times it works. Other times, I hear it after my lips start moving, as my brain screams "Shut up! Shut up! Doh! Now you've done it." However, this year, I decided I would make ONE resolution and I would make it work.  I said to myself, "Myself- what do you really enjoy?" Myself thought for a few seconds "Chocolate!", I said to Myself  "NO, you idiot, not food. Doing...what do you enjoy doing?" Myself then replied "Eating Chocolate!" So I smacked Myself upside the head, I said calmly, "What do you like to do...NOT eating, not watching yourself eat chocolate, and doing nothing doesn't count." I watched Myself think, and I stopped Myself from saying "sleeping" then I observed a lightbulb flicker in MY head. Crafting, cutting things with my Cricut, making Svg's (well I kind of like that when it's not annoying), "Crafting!" I heard myself say. 


The question is what was missing from my crafting, other than talent...? Ribbon! Yes maybe if I had ribbon on a project, I might actually look like I had a talent. IF I could find it...so that is why I posted this blog, I copied the ideas of many other great minds on so many things why not this? As you can see, it worked!


My "Scrubby" put the shelves on the wall, and I had asked him to help me with the dowels, but a  look of such intense pain crossed his face, I just gave up. Apparently missing the play-off football games is physically painful to some.( I just like watching them huddle and run, because they look so cute, but apparently he really enjoys the whole game thing.) I dragged out my saw and little dremel tool, got to sanding the guides on the dowels edge. And Voila! Now I can see it all! I'm hoping the talent thing will come along soon. But I will settle for chocolate.
Here is the link to the original post SVG link below

Here is a link to a -> Valentine gift card envelope  <-with Ribbon, I previously posted it but it is worth it considering that most men won't shop until tomorrow! Now what you can do is cut it out decorate and give it to your hubby as you hand him the keys and a map to your nearest craft store, I plan to do this tomorrow morning.

7 comments:

  1. Every time I see someone post a variation of this type of ribbon holder, it makes me wish I could organize mine this way. But, I put all my ribbon on those flat cards and filed them - it works but I bet this is so much more convenient. Wait - I'd have to have about 30 dowels with the # of ribbons I have and I surely wouldn't have enough wall space - guess there's a reason mine is in drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea. i refrain from asking my DH to do much for me cuz all i will hear is "Why do u need that", so therefore it is off to try it myself. then as i mope around cuz i couldn't do it "his right way" then he may finish for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your posts always makes me LOL and nod til my neck hurts lol!

    I have the exact pink ribbon with multi-colored stitches... if you find a use for it let me know!

    I have the dowel/curtain rod system too, but again I have LOTS that I just got by metre that are now shoved in jars in baggies... not good lol.

    Love the valentine box!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for another entertaining read. Your new ribbon storage looks great. I love your decorating arrangement on top of the shelf as well, those bees look wonderful.

    Definitely do not give up chocolate or you have no way to console yourself when a project goes wrong. I have a secret stash for such purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Valentines post on Feb. 12, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehe... :-) First of all you crack me up!... Second, I am so touched to see a little card that looks familiar in a frame on that shelf... ;-) and third your ribbon storage/display would SO please my cat!! LOL ;-) This is why basically my ribbon is in jars! Well the plan is to buy glass jars but for now it's in cool Target popcorn containers! I had to sacrifice myself and eat the caramel popcorn first, then wash the container... then buy more popcorn since I needed more containers to organize my ribbons by colors... Then I got wooden clothepins (the kind that can be used to make dolls) and rolled my ribbons around them, I attach the end with a pin. I find it very relaxing/therapeutic to roll my ribbons and I love the display and seeing my ribbon every time I sit at my desk... (same goes for my Primas who are in old candle jars) Old pics here: http://dare2beecreative.blogspot.com/2008/06/my-workstation.html from 2 years ago, I have so much more crap on my desk now!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all! Carolyn- don't worry I'll never give it up, never!Can you believe that I got all the ribbon up and I feel like I need more?! Yah I'm sure you have no trouble believing that! EOC EOC...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Don't be shy:)