Saturday, November 6, 2010

I Believe the Christmas Crazy shall begin NOW

Bee's 1st Christmas Stocking
click -> HERE 1st STOCKING for the link

And Let the Christmas Crazy Begin.....

Why yes! It has been a very long time since I had anything REAL to offer you. I have excellent reasons - 1. I've been sick, and all you Mommies know that when you're sick you don't get to go to bed and recuperate! YOU get to continue doing the same things that always must be done. Cleaning, cooking, laundry, teacher (although we all know that it is not limited to "MOM! It hurts when I do this!" Mom sighs "well then don't do THAT!" and "sharpies are not face paint", stuff like that) boxing ring referee, and basically THE fault for pretty much anything that goes wrong. We are an amazing bunch, I must say, we work when it's cold, when it's hot, when WE ARE cold, and when WE ARE hot. We don't get paid a monetary sum, but what we do get is love from a lovable, sticky, toothless, dirt under their fingernails petri dish of a child. Oh and the fault stuff is something we can handle too, because we're Moms, can I get a Amen?! 2. I just haven't been feeling crafty. I felt busy and tried to fit all my morning necessities in a sandwich bag for the flight to see my nephew graduate from basic training in the U.S. Coast Guard, in Cape May, New Jersey (which by the way if you don't know IS BEAUTIFUL. We stayed in Somer's Point, New Jersey  and loved it!). I am so very proud of the US's new Guardian.

Ok I do realize I've jumped over Thanksgiving, but for me it's all the same "Season", it's all about being grateful of all that we possess, Health, happiness, love, a safe place to call home, underwear that don't ride up, the cold sweat when you realize we have less than 2 months to get all of our Christmas shopping done (think about it- we're lucky to have people that we want to buy a gift for), a good stash of chocolate that no one knows about, and of course having that fresh clean feeling....TMI. Anyways where was I?  I LOVE Christmas and everything about it, the lights, the smells, the warmth, the cold (which as I write this I long for since it's 95 freaking degrees outside!), the chocolate, peppermints, cookies, the music, etc. And even if you don't celebrate it, you know that feeling, and I wish you the warmth of it all.

I do hope you enjoy the stocking, it was really easy to put together. I used my beloved Stickles, and some darling DCWV Glittery Christmas stack, some lovely Bazzill card stock, and pop dots up the ying yang. Oh and save those little cut out stars and use them on you top of the stocking.  
The finished stocking, it's about 9" tall. Make sure your mat is really sticky,  so the stars don't lift.


My nephew Kasey and I.


9 comments:

  1. Yaaahooo. Hold on to your stockings... that is the cutest one I've seen. Jingle Jingle
    Tingle... lovin' it. Great Job Bee... how big did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I resized it down to 9"×6".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome stocking, absolutely love it!!!

    hehe wish we could swap so I could experience a COLD christmas, you know its the height of summer here at Christmas! I dont think I would know what to do with myself if it were cold tho! and I'm so used of our different christmas menu too!

    I am really getting into christmas this year! After last year being such a bummer for me. I intend on breaking loose and my dear mother had to get firm with me and insist we not put our tree up until at least 1st decemeber. It if were up to me I thinkw e'd already we doracted up for it by now lol!

    HAVE FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an award for you on my blog Belinda!

    http://emuupagumtree.blogspot.com/2010/11/attitude-moi.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Bee, you so make me smile with your posts. It's been a while, and I missed your sarcastic, hilarious comments! I hope that you are feeling better!

    I love the stocking - very cute! SO is this a file you made? When are you sharing that with us?

    I'm totally into Christmas this year too - just finished a Christmas project and so excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thanks Thienly. Yes the link is there but its in the caption area under the svg picture, I will add it to the sidebar tonight. But I will email it to you too. Annmaree, since thou doesn't own a Cricut I have to basically pull the file apart and take a picture so u can open it, but cuz I loves you-i will do that tonight.
    Hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't mention the holidays or I'll have a panic attack... :-S Hanukkah is December 2nd this year! *faints*... But hey, "it's the most wonderful time of the year"... or so we're told... ;-)
    love your elf's boot, it looks much better than a stocking to me! :-) <3 You rock, please remove this thing from your profile about your lack of talent cause it's SO far from the truththat it hurts reading it! :-S
    You have inspired me to want to learn how to use inkscape! This should be interesting!! LOL Well after the holidays of course... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG. This is the first time I made it to your blog. I am not even sure how I got here. First of all I LOVE the stocking! Super cute. I can not wait to make it!!!! Secondly, I just sat here and laughed til I cried. Everything you said is so true. I am a mother of a two and a half year old girl, my hubby is in Iraq right now so I am feeling the stress of parenting. I am sick right now so your blog post hit home. I really needed that laugh today so thank you. I love Christmas too! It is just all of the right stuff wrapped in to one minus the craziness at the stores. Thank you for sharing this post it truely made my day. I will be coming back to visit again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Rebecca Thank you! I know a small amount of what you go through, a fraction of the stress you go through. My man usually comes home in a couple of weeks, and yours up to a year?! My hat is off to you and the rest of the military families that hold it together for US! Please keep in touch and know that you can always complain to me when you need. hugs to you :0)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Don't be shy:)