Saturday, September 11, 2010

To BEE or not to BEE..that is the question

too BEE or not to BEE 

Mouth Uno   creepy mouth      


Mouth dos uncreepy mouth



I was originally going to post a monster...but school just started so I needed a full MONSTER free week before I could deal with more (even though he's pretty cute by my standards).

But this Bee came to mind when I looked at profile pictures on facebook and some of the funnest ones are when people are close and looking directly into the eye of the camera.  I wanted to have a profile picture that was worthy of me, and color me purple but I couldn't find one that I actually felt a kinship with. There weren't any that could represent (thumping chest like I'm on the MTV music awards..you know the COOL people do that).

So I came up with this ample bottomed bee that resembles me,
you see?
Notice how the eyes are a lovely shade of green
to replicate me?
The mouth, however, is much to small for me..my husband
will attest to thee.

So possibly poetry is best left in the hands of the professional poets like.....like....um....other poetic people. 

I used my new cuttlebug machine to emboss texture on her and I changed her shape slightly, to more of an oval for the project below, used some stickles on the key parts eyelashes, atennae tips, and cheeks, and voila a BEE as sweet as can BE. I divided and attached the layers via pop dots (this coming from my buddy Thienly, papercrafter extraordinaire).

Both mouths are included in the SVG file because my daughter had a conniption fit over the human like mouth, "Mom! Oh no that is just CREEPY! Give her a bee mouth..." whatever that was but the round surprised mouth is the one she deemed "uncreepy" and didn't cause her head to spin around.

Download the BEE here -> The BEE SVG


**Now for my disclaimer...if you download the file and make something with it, now mind you it has to be amazing, I'll take the credit for it. If you make a million dollars off of your creation YOU BETTER SHARE dang it or I'll send Guido and daBoys after you. Or maybe I'll make you babysit after I give my kids a box of LUCKY CHARMS and orange juice....yah that's scary, isn't it? What kind of loon wouldn't part with a 1/2 mill to avoid that?! Anyhoo where was I....???...Oh yes..Remember that I suck at this papercrafting business and need all the help I can get, you know, to look like I have any talent.

7 comments:

  1. LMAO, Your at it again dear Buzzer!

    I am thinking I woudst BEE able to do this with my circle nestabilities and colored cardstock too???

    I love what you did, BEE good now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LUV Luv luv it!!! way cute ~ like you ;) and as usual you are a great witty writer too. ;) I look forward to your next blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, not to add pressure to your already filled days, but I think you're going to be my laugherapy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! I will do my best to keep you laughing! Laughing is truly good medicine..truly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the different looks with the mouths! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you and I like the luscious lips, it makes your bee cute.
    Let me guess, you are now impatiently waiting for your daughter to take artistic license with a drawing so you can get payback. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This bee is so cute!! Thanks for sharing the svg.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Don't be shy:)